The blogging experts share their secrets on how to be a success on Instagram.
The importance and recognition of Instagram influencers is undeniable. A platform for people to be able to promote themselves, their businesses and their brands! We were very lucky to hear the secrets from the experts themselves and now we're sharing them with you, you lucky things!
Last London Fashion Week we invited the one and only Marie Louise Pumfrey, of MLPR to share some of her industry secrets, along side the well-known Coral Mason (@stripeycoral) and Hayley Karseras (@ladyofthemanor77) and how to be successful in Instagram and fashion.
MLPR is renowned for its expertise in communications and social media success in the fashion, retail, beauty, fitness and wellness sectors. MLPR was established in 2007 by communications expert Marie Louise Pumfrey
The trio arrived at our London Fashion Week pop-up store, celebrating independent, sustainable fashion in Covent Garden, excited to share their knowledge.
Marie, who has been running @MrsMLMode on Instagram for over 18 months and she has found the journey of building and establishing their social media presence fun and completely fascinating. As Marie highlighted to our guests, “as long as you have Wifi, everyone can have a voice, a platform and create a business – thanks to this very clever app”.
We were delighted to have over 80 of fashions budding designers and entrepreneurs come to hear Marie’s inside knowledge and tips and enjoy great networking while sipping on cocktails courtesy of Lanique.
Marie also kindly put together a list of her top tips and tricks for building your profile on Instagram and developing a career as a fashion influencer:
- Instagram stories. Hayley is a big fan of stories and has found this aspect really helped build her audience and engagement. ” Don’t over think,” she said. “Just do it” – very good advice and something we should definitely do more of.
- Consistency and posting with a theme. Having a mood for your grid is an effective way of building a brand and identity on Instagram. Coral talked about how her theme is colour and how important a consistent approach is.
- Time to post! Instagram will give you recommended times on when best to post. However, general consensus amongst the crowd and us was ignore! It might not work with your daily schedule or home life and Marie personally thinks it often gives out a strange time. They all post early morning. Hayley is first up at 6.20am and Coral is convinced you need to post just before 7.00am, at around 6.50 to miss the rush! She said: “For me, I get jinxy and try and go for bang on 7.00am – if I miss the spot, the post I fear will die!!”
- Plan your business – have a goal. Look at what you want to achieve and write a plan. Consider what your audience will be interested in and start reaching out.
- The final tip, came from Hayley. Hustle! Get out there, Network, chat and reach out to brands that you want to work with. Wear their pieces. Tag, comment and connect.
Missed out on this event? Don't worry! We are hosting an Influencer's Christmas party in our December pop up in Covent Garden. Expect Christmas cocktails, discounts, and a luxury designer give away! Find out more here.